Monday, August 4, 2014

Mastering Your Client's Decision Making Process

Through all the years I've been reading about and researching what makes a successful entrepreneur, gaining experience working with clients plus facing my own challenges head on, I finally realized this - people make decisions based on one of two things: one is moving away from pain, and the other is moving towards what makes them happy. If there is one thing I've mastered, it's understanding how people think and make decisions.How do you make decisions? Why is this important to know? I'll tell you why - because your clients are a version of you! And the better you know your clients, the more you can help them. This is something to pay attention to if you want to market your business authentically. It's important to know if your clients are a 'moving away' or 'moving towards' kind of crowd.These are inner motivators that push your clients' buttons to get off the couch and get moving. The "move away from pain" kind of clients focus on what's not working for them; what causes pain, worry, drama, chaos, fear. They usually live in the past, think about "what if's" a lot and don't like taking risks.Next we have the "move towards" folks (I am going to take the time to let you know that I am one of them!) Their primary focus is on "Wouldn't it be nice if?" For them, that causes excitement and joy, and it gets them motivated. They love to have fun, and they spend a lot of their time dreaming about the future and what they want.If you read most of the sales and marketing books out there, experts tell you to focus on the "moving away from pain" marketing approach. I have to tell you that I've tried this approach and I got P-R-E-T-T-Y stuck. I started to get anxious myself, I lost motivation and I wanted to hide. Writing copy was torture.


But something interesting happened too. During my coaching, I noticed that the clients who have a moving towards mindset achieved a higher level of success, faster, and check this out... experienced inner fulfillment. They seemed to activate a powerful energy that helped propel them forward much quicker.Wait - there's more. I also realized that when I focused away from the pain to make a decision myself, it was SO HARD to manifest my goals. On the other hand, when I focused towards what excited me, I attracted what I wanted at the speed of light (to the point where it would freak me out! I have to say).One of the reasons I feel this happens is that the level of clarity, commitment and connection to what you want creates a super-intense magnetic field. And whoa-la! I have the feeling that if you are reading this, you are a moving towards kind of person. But I'd like to warn you that if you are not, shift slowly to avoid sabotage from showing up at your doorstep when you least expect it.Learning how your clients make decisions will help you support them in saying YES! to themselves.When you know exactly what to say in your marketing message that makes your clients tick, you attract your perfect clients, make more money and enjoyan amazing life doing what you love and feeling great because you are making a difference. Are you ready to make a bigger impact?

No comments:

Post a Comment