Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Debriefing Your Sales Calls

Regardless of how well you performed on the last appointment, you can always do better, right? Unfortunately many sales and management 'professionals' lull themselves into believing that there is absolutely nothing they could do, stop doing, or do differently that would improve results.Let's face it. The majority of us came from average stock. The difference for some, however, is that at some point in their life and career they "got it." They got the fact that they will never be perfect and therefore continually strive to be greater. Those that "get it" can admit there is room for improvement, are open, and as a result continue to grow. The less successful individuals will never get there because they think they're already there. They've closed themselves off to opportunities to find out just how much better they actually could be. They fail to maximize their true potential.If you're still reading this, then you're likely someone that "get's it."For those that "get it," here's a twenty question checklist you can use to debrief your sales calls, because you believe that regardless of how well you performed on the last appointment, you can always do better.1. Did I establish an up-front contract with the buyer, specifying mutual expectations and an agenda?2. Was I mentally and physically prepared?


3. Was I focused on my goals for the call?4. Was I more concerned about ensuring success or preventing failure?5. Did I accurately assess the screens through which the buyer views the world?6. Did I accurately assess the communication style of the buyer?7. Did I adapt my communication style to the buyer's screens and communication style?8. Did I probe for the buyer's pain?9. Did I accurately summarize the buyer's pain to the buyer's satisfaction?10. Did the buyer commit to recognizing the financial cost of his or her pain?11. Did I accurately probe for information regarding the buyer's budget?12. Did I find out exactly when, where, how, and who would make the buying decision?13. Did I focus my presentation on the buyer's pain?14. Did I translate all the jargon in my presentation?15. Did I obtain a definitive yes or no answer from the buyer?16. If the answer was no, did I probe reasons?17. Did I follow the 70-30 rule? Did I ask questions and lead the buyer to speak most (70%) of the time?18. Did I maintain my composure and respond to stress with questions and reverses?19. Did I lead by letting the buyer control the process?20. What did I learn about this particular call that will help me in my next call?

No comments:

Post a Comment